Try preventing diabetes and obesity by maintaining healthy sleep schedule

http://www.tribune242.com/news/2017/may/16/poor-sleep-may-lead-obesity-and-diabetes/?lifestyle

Mother T, I find this site sooooo frustrating. With each visit I hope it will be better but I find myself going round in circle. I click on a page and it sends me to another page with several, I click on that and yet again have several choices. I have been on support groups on face book because so frustrated with site. I can’t believe that I am the only one frustrated.

@toni I’m sorry you are finding it difficult. We are working on a redesign of the site that should help. Thanks

So does this mean that I am not the only one who has a problem navigating this site?

It means that we are transitioning into a newly designed web site. I do not know what others have experienced, but I am happy for the upcoming changes.

Hi Toni.
No your not alone in finding your way around the site, we are new here so it will take time to get around, and like most new things in life there has to be changes from time to time, a message to Mother though, the last few days have seen myself unable to log in or out?
could you also look at this for us.thxs.

Hello! Sorry you have had problems. There is some more extensive work happening to SleepApnea.org ! Stay tuned and thank you for your patience. You can imagine with medical advances and ever-changing technology there is the need for constant updates :slight_smile:

Should you still be experiencing problems, and if you are a Facebook person, I would like to let you know that you can also join our virtual A.W.A.K.E. Sleep Health Support Group here:

Sleep well…and BE well :slight_smile:
MotherT

Hi Mother T.
Thanks for replying, Am not a face book person,(its to invasive) understand the probs with updating etc. thxs

I Mother T.

My partner has type 2 diabetes, and tends to sleep one hell of a lot most days, is this normal?
She has good control over her sugar levels and her fasting bloods are getting better by the month, but she seems to have a lot of fatigue, she also has a low immune system and tends to pick up a cold very easily.
Anyway any ideas as to why she gets so tired as she does.

Hi Badsleeper,

I too have the same fatigue since my diabetes type 2 diagnosis. I am posting a link to an article titled Diabetes Fatigue Syndrome from the medical journal Diabetes Therapy below.

I find that I have more fatigue when I have been very active when using several muscle groups at a time, or during times of stress, and my sugar levels are under control. I would say each case is unique, but maybe this will help you find an answer for your partner.

I do have to say, though, that I have learned to just sleep when I feel this way, or go to bed much earlier.

Here’s the link:

Good luck! Hope to hear from others about their journeys!

Sleep well, and BE well :slight_smile:

Hi Mother T.

Thanks for the link, it has been very useful.

1 Like

You are so welcome, @badsleeper

Happy to hear it is useful for you!

All the best,
MotherT