Stress and anxiety is killing my sleep

I’ve been through the wringer and am trying to find my way though.

I’d rather not go into a lot of detail publicly about it, but I have suffered through an enormous amount of family loss over the last 2 years, watched family members decline and die, been thrust into a financial disaster that I am not sure how to get out of, and am generally speaking feeling constantly overwhelmed.

This obviously has radically impacted my sleep, not that I sleep poorly once I fall asleep, but it takes me forever to get relaxed enough to actually fall asleep, and that *#$% alarm clock keeps going off to rip me from the rest I need…

I typically can’t seem to get wound down before about 1 or 2 o clock in the morning, and I have to get up at 7 to get ready for work.

Things that used to bring me comfort and help me rest now only ramp up the anxiety. (having my favorite TV show playing from when I was a kid used to put me out immediately, now it only reminds me of the missed opportunties with my Dad and keeps me awake)…

I know the proper answer is like to seek out counseling, or even some meds, but I am not ready to go down that road yet. It’s hard to explain but my wife went through a MUCH harder time than me with it, including events that required longish term hospital care, so I don’t want her to see that I am concerned about myself in that regard. If I could do it during work hours, or at lunch then yeah, but if she has to know I don’t want to do that.

And of course that is part of my stress…

So I could use some advice on anything I can do to help relieve the stress, and not add to it…