- Change your clock to the new time zone.
- Turn off any screens: phones, laptops, even the in-seat monitor.
- Gently massage your ears for 1 minute to reduce stress and help your body relax.
- Wear loose, cozy clothing and a pair of warm socks.
- Avoid crossing your legs; try to fall asleep with both feet flat on the floor.
- Eat a small whole-grain snack.
- Press the pressure point between your eyes and breathe deeply for 1 minute.
- Wear your neck pillow backwards to keep your head from nodding forward (and waking you up) as you sleep.
- Block out any light that may wake you up by wearing an eye mask.
- Block out any noise that may wake you up by wearing a good pair of headphones and playing white noise.
- Stick to your familiar nightly routine as much as possible to cue to your body that it’s bedtime.