Phillips Respironics

Has anybody received any solution from Phillips Responics regarding the recall of some of their machines?

1 Like

You can check the website or with your DME provider or physician for what to do next.

1 Like

I signed up on the Phillips Respironics recall website, they are supposed to get in touch when they come up with a solution. I talked to my DME provider who recommended using a bacterial filter with my machine. The problem with that is first, you have to get a prescription for the filters before they will give you one. Second, you are unable to use humidity along with the bacterial filter. I sent my sleep doctor a message and asked her what the consequences would be for using my machine as is. I can’t live without the heated humidity! That’s the best part of the whole CPAP regimen! Then they suggested I turn the heat off and don’t put water in the chamber and use a room humidifier. I’m not liking that idea so much. That’s just one more thing to buy and maintain. For now I’m using my machine as prescribed. I haven’t ever used any ozone spray cleaners on it and it’s only 2.5 yrs old, so I’ll wait to see what Phillips comes up with. I’ll let you know what my sleep doc says will happen to me if I use my machine as is.
Stay tuned,
Kim R

2 Likes

No reply to registration on line.
I also called, but the rep said they were contacting everyone who registered and would either repair or replace the machine. She had no idea when that will be, nor did she know the criteria for repair vs replacement.

I agree about the heated humidity!

1 Like

I’ve notified all my doctors. The only one who responded so far was my pulmonologist. He said keep sucking in that poison, I’m sorry keep using the mask, as is. In the last year I have had problems with my liver and breathing. The newest is my thyroid glands, sinus disease and mediastinal lymph nodes. Phillips has no reports of physical injury because they aren’t contacting anybody. I read about the recall on the internet. I registered then called and I haven’t heard a peep by mail, email or phone. I called my DME and they tried to get rid of me as quick as they could by referring me back to Phillips. I told them Phillips sent me to them so I can BUY these filters. They had no idea what filters I am talking about. But they are looking into it and will call me today or tomorrow. Well, maybe tomorrow but I need my humidifier and I use an oxygen concentrator with my BiPap so I see the "unknown’ filters being of zero benefit. If Phillips gave half a care or worry they would have already mailed out new machines. They have a database, the machines have Bluetooth connection and they know where each and every one is.

And while I am ranting, they don’t have to be replaced every 5 years. Medicare will pay 80% of the over inflated price for a new machine every 5 years. Phillips, don’t try to BS a BSer.

Another week and not a peep from anybody. Apparently my DME doesn’t want to or doesn’t know what filter they are talking about. Canada has set up a contact point, Australia has set up a contact point. US … lawsuits are filing in. The court will decide if they will combine them in to a class action suit in September. Yep, Phillips knew about this by at least April, released it a week ago and will just make a decision in September if they will combine all the lawsuits a class action suit. I am nearing another thyroid ultrasound and getting closer to a fine needle biopsy. I have an appointment with an opthalmologist Wednesday to see what’s happening with my eye. Since I am blind in one that only leaves one more. Not good odds. It isn’t like Phillips Responics doesn’t know they are responsible for these expenses. They should immediately start paying the bills since they can’t replace the machines that caused and continues to cause problems. I don’t understand the lack of action by somebody, anybody?? Doesn’t anybody care?

1 Like

@MaryMH Mary, I am sorry you haven’t received any word from the company. Here is some information on a subsequent issue and recall from the brand.

1 Like

Makes my thought on this pretty clear. It’s been too quiet and Phillips said they were waiting for the FDA to approve the foam replacement program they have in place to repair over 4 million CPap and BiPap machines. If it doesn’t make sense, it’s probably not true. I contacted FDA… nothing from them either.It’s a bunch of crickets out there. My thought is Phillips is taking this time to get their bankruptcy in place and this news kind of fits in the puzzle. What a mess a whole lot of people are in. Thanks for the info, now I need to calculate my next move.

1 Like

@MaryMH - please let us know your progress in this thread. You may be trailblazing for others here who cannot get their equipment. THANKS FOR SHARING!

Theresa

1 Like