Ozone cleaning device not FDA approved

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-reminds-patients-devices-claiming-clean-disinfect-or-sanitize-cpap-machines-using-ozone-gas-or?utm_campaign=022720_PR_Devices%20Claiming%20to%20Clean%20CPAPs%20with%20Ozone%20Gas%2C%20UV%20Light%20Not%20FDA%20Authorized&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

1 Like

Nevertheless, I find them useful and effective. I always leave the room when it’s running and I turn on my CPAP machine to clear any residual ozone before using it. Ozone is used for sanitation purposes in industrial and institutional settings.

I understand ! Effective for sales of ResMed machines on or after February 1, 2020, ResMed’s limited warranty will exclude damage to ResMed machines caused by use of ozone devices. The limited warranty on ResMed masks, with the exception of ResMed AirTouchTM products, will not be affected.

1 Like

I agree that it potentially causes damage to CPAP machines. After about five years of use, my Respironics machine had developed a whistling noise around the gaskets. I suspected the ozone, because it can be corrosive to certain materials. When I got a new CPAP machine, I stopped using my SoClean (sold it) and got a VirtuClean sanitizer because it does not run the ozone through the machine, just the hose and mask.

It is just easier and quicker than washing when I’m short on time.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t find the need for these cleaner devices. I wash my mask etc. with Dawn and warm water. Let it air dry. I’m done. No issues with this way.

2 Likes

That is what I do, too. Doesn’t take long, no smell, and the price is right!