Introduce Yourself

Hello,
My name is Chris and I am a brand new CPAP user. Just bought a Resmed 10 AIR Sense machine and started to use it five days ago and it has been a struggle to adjust to the new routine at night and tried to figure out which type of mask fits me best. Sleep is something I need to live and I have been struggling with lack of sleep for years without realizing I have sleep apnea until recently.
One question, my Resmed 10 gives a low air whistling sound at night and according to CPAP.com where I bought the machine, it is because I am not using the humidifier portion of the machine and they suggested I get a side panel to replace the humidifier in order to eliminate the noise. Has anyone have the same experience? Please help. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone.
My name is Cheryl, I was told month ago that I suffer from. Sleep Apnea.
It is hard for me to get use to being that I already have asthma.
Not a fan of the machine.
Sleep for me is priceless.

Hiya Sparkle.
We all go through this start stage, it is a shock to the system if you like, having to get use to a mask on your face etc.
But just hang on in there with it as it will take some time to get used to your machine , just never give up, look for advise here on the site if you have any problems it is better to chat with someone who has experienced what you are going through, rather than looking it up on line.

All I can tell you at the moment is that make sure you have the right mask for you, maybe that will take some time to work out which is best, and follow the guidelines for fitting your mask correctly, and do not worry about having small leaks with the mask, they all leak at some point, due to fitting or the pressure, make use of your humidifier and heater if you have that on your machine,if you wake up with a dry mouth then adjust your setting on the humidifier till you feel that you have it right, maybe start on 3 then increase by 1 each night till you get comfortable with it.

The correct pressure is a big problem for some, so if you cannot handle the pressure you have been given then contact your sleep doctor for more advise, they will lower or higher that for you, its a game of trial and error for the first 6 weeks I would say.

One of the best things you can do is to keep a log of each night, and be as honest and descriptive as you can, times awake, and asleep, how mask is performing for you, and how you feel on getting up. this will help your sleep doctor to help you.

Well wish you luck my dear, just do not give in to this okay.

Have severe sleep problem. Have been on CPAP for at least 15years will little to no impact. Recently have sleep study indicating AHI of 86! Am considering “Inspire Sleep” which is an implanted device meant to replace CPAP. Has anyone had any experience with this device?

Hello, my name is Charles Nester. I am diagnosed with sleep apnea for 5 years ago and feel good to know about something for my sleep apnea from some real people here. Now I become a big fan of this forum.
Thanks

1 Like

So happy you are here, Charles!

I too have asthma. I have found that it is easier if I use my nebulizer before I put on the CPAP. I also found that when my asthma is bad, my lungs feel better if I set the humidity lower. So, I use pillows when I feel good and a full mask when I do not. Also, even when I wear a full mask, I use AYR gel to keep my sinuses from getting so dry that I have nosebleeds.

I have apnea. Often watch the dreams. I can not breathe. Today I dreamed again that I was drowned. Wake up in horror. Now only twice a week. I signed up with a doctor.I’m scared

Hi all. I’m a 37 year old male, 5’11’’ 191lbs (power lifting/bodybuilding back ground) who’s been experiencing daytime fatigue and general malaise for over 4 months now. I just had an in-home sleep study completed and am awaiting the results. My question is, how is it possible to suddenly develop sleep apnea? Or was it slowly coming into play over the years? More to come.

Welcome @AntonRx - It could be either scenario you mentioned depending upon the type of apnea you have (or not). Let us know how your study turns out. You can read more about sleep apnea at www.sleepapnea.org

Hi Everyone!

My name is Homer and I’ve been diagnosed by Kaiser Sleep study that I have obstructive sleep apnea. I came sleep study because whenever I sleep, my mom will tell me that I snore so loud and when I wake up in the morning, my mouth is so dry, and I feel very tired. All these things are very new to me. I found this community because I’m looking for a way that I’ll be able to get it in the least expensive way, especially I’m in college and I’m having financial issues. I hope I’ll be able to get it soon and have a very good sleep again.

1 Like

@homerxiii
This link will take you to information about the CPAP Assistance Program (CAP). Please let me know if you have any further questions! https://www.sleepapnea.org/community/cpap-assistance-program/

I am a 1-hr member and need to know the following:

1. If I am logged in or not.
  2. How to login and logout.
  3. How to post a question or share an experience.
    Thanks.
1 Like

@Bewildered -

1. If you are seeing this you are logged in.
  2. Your device should save your login information for you.
  3. To post a question, please do just as you did to ask these questions. Always remember to hit send after filling out the question field.

If you need further assistance, contact me (MotherT) at: asaa@sleepapnea.org

Thanks and I hope this helped!! :slight_smile:

What brings you to our community? I’m here to see about alternatives to a Trilogy100, I can’t afford it even with medicare covering 80% I’ve had 2 sleep studies so far, and I averaged 208 occurrences an hr :grimacing:

**Tell us about your current sleep routine?**I get about 5 hrs sleep on average, 2am till 7am.
Finish this sentence: “Sleep is3 R’s. Rest, Reset, and Relief!

I love those 3Rs!!

Otto is asking for any experiences regarding device alternatives.