Insomnia

My insomnia got worse after I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I now have my apnea under control but the insomnia is out of control. I’ve tried brain mapping, hypnosis, over the counter sleep aids and prescription meds… I am not seeing any progress. Don’t know what the answer could be…

GOOGLE Self hypnosis. It worked for my brother in law, he followed simple instructions from their site, and now sleeps like a rock.

I’ve been able to fall asleep with little trouble but staying asleep has
been my problem. I wake up after about 4 to 5 hours of sleep… Thank you
for the suggestion.

SWEET DREAMS. HOPEFULLY, SELF HYPNOSIS DID THE TRICK.I KNOW IT WILL HELP YOU LOOSE WEIGHT ALSO.

I like the suggestions above. Another little something that has helped me is writing down my tasks for the next day when I wake up and my mind will not “quiet down.” It’s almost like I relax knowing the important things I know I have to do will now not be forgotten. That is of course because they now live safely on my notebook /journal on the night stand :clipboard: Try it! It’s simple, it’s non-invasive, and it’s free :slight_smile: PLUS- in the morning, I have my map in the form of a nocturnal brainstorm session :blue_book:

May GOOD SLEEP be with you! :sleeping:

Theresa

Here’s another solution that’s helped me. I learned some yogic breathing techniques. If I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t easily get back to sleep, I practice these techniques. They work every single time.

Here’s a classic technique to start with. (Scroll to the bottom for the specific directions.) This one’s easy to practice and you can do it any time of day, wherever you are.

I will try this… it sounds very much like hypnosis which is based on deep
breathing. I had a slight improvement but not a consistent improvement in

hours I slept.

1 Like

Sometimes NOTHING works for me! I begin with melatonin, 1mg., then, sound machine. Maybe one glass of wine, then finally a boring book I am writing, (boring book seems to be the answer most often,) If I had a decent mask…