Healthcare amidst COVID-19

COVID-19 has all the attention right now. I wonder how this has affected the healthcare for other serious illnesses like cancer. Has anyone experienced inconvenience or lesser care than before?

16 months to get an appointment with a pulmonologist… appt. Nov. 2020. I had a ruptured brain aneurysm and subarachnoid hemorrhage stroke in Feb. 2019. Released in March to rehab.While I was in ICU, they put me on oxygen and a BiPap machine.

Sorry to hear about that.

16 months? That’s way too long! I mean, what could possibly take it that long? It’s already November, so I hope everything turns out great.

My neurologist wants me to see the group that treated me with then in the hospital. I agree they know or they knew my history. A lot has happened in the past year and a half and none of it good but it will be easy for them to get my history and back up to speed. With 16 pulmonologists and APN’s in the office, you would think they could have squeezed me in somewhere before now.

Well, it looks like we are still on. They called and told me they want me to stop by the hospital and get a chest X-ray before I come in. During my last surgery in March, my neurosurgeon discovered I have cardiovascular disease. There is a call from the pulmonologist asking for information from my neurologist about the cardiovascular disease. I’m keeping my fingers crossed until Monday…