Few More Sleeps until 2021

We are nearing the end of 2020, How are you guys holding up? How’s your sleeping habit? Better or worse?

I’m optimistic for this coming new year. What are your plans or are there any lifestyle changes you are planning to do?

Not well…I just woke up and would go back to sleep but my mouth is too dry and my head won’t stop pounding again this morning. I’m drinking ice water and coffee. I am hoping to walk out on doctors who just don’t give a tinker’s damn. I am thinking I need to sneak up on my ducks at night to see if they snore, I am sure they do and need little baby size pap machines. Am I pissed, yes, I am. After having a ruptured brain aneurysm and subarachnoid hemorrhage stroke in February 2019, I was just able to see a pulmonologist November 2020. Now I have more tests needed. Could be while I was in ICU they did and got everything wrong… So says the new doc on the block. I don’t care what it is, if they can’t do anything but guess, waste my time and money then just say we don’t know and leave me alone. We are after the heart now. That was pretty well covered about 12 years ago and nobody has seen any reason to bring it up again,until now. They have run out of body organs. We can do all this but not one doctor in this caravan has figured out something I can take for a daily migraine so I just suffer through each day.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been going through this. I got things bad, but I can only imagine the anxiety this is causing you.

I don’t have much to say as I don’t have that much experience or knowledge about your situation. Don’t lose hope though. No matter how dark things can get, just look at the bright side, even the tiniest bit.

Here’s an article about getting a night of good sleep. Not sure if you could get much from this as you probably tried all these. http://insomniarevealed.com/covid-19-health-awareness-tips-for-getting-good-sleep/ but I’ll leave it here anyhow.

You take good care and I wish you well!

I am sorry. I was just in a REALLY bad mood yesterday. You’re right, my anxiery level on a scale of 1 to 10 is about 25. I woke up this morning to my pounding headache and I have a sinus infection. My luck, being what it is, my primary care physician’s office is closed on Fridays. It hurts but I don’t think I need emergency room care. I just think of the number of doctors I have gone through and the hundred of thousands of dollars that have been spent and I can’t get 2 of them to agree on anything but they want to give me a flu shot. My next appointment with the pulmonologist will be January so. it will be at least 2 years before they even know anything, let alone treat it and there’s no guarantee that will all agree But maybe the pulmonologist will figure out something I can take to make the headache tolerable. I do pretty good until the nausea starts. That is, of course, unless the pulmonologist get overloaded again with the COVID crisis. Enough!! I really do usually take this all in stride and remind myself how much worse if could have been, I just had too much life coming in yesterday and I got overwhelmed.

I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving. Kind of out of whack this year with the pandemic. I did manage to cook Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner last year. My biggest problem this year is peeling potatoes.My hand won’t work with me on getting that done. I can use instant or the Bob Evans ones but it’s not the same. So…I am going to try an idea I read about boiling them with the skins on then taking the peeling off after cooking. Fingers crossed that it works. If not, life is not over.

Have a good day and thank you for letting me vent.

Hi all,

It’s like everyone’s wishing that there’s a reset button when we hit 2021, that all of this just a nightmare. My plan right now is to get through to this year, maybe the next will be better. Fingers crossed.

@MaryMH You are one brave soul. I wish you the best and hope that you feel better.

Stay safe!