Electronics and Apnea / Hypopnea

I’m not sure if this was covered somewhere else, but this has been an eye opening experience (actually, an eye-closing experience would be more correct - Ha ha) :laughing:

I have been on CPAP now for a little over a year. I have changed the type of the mask I am on, the size of the mask and then the headgear I use, then lowered the ramp level. Everything was starting to work so well around the first part of July with an average of 7 hours a night in the mask, usually all at one stretch, and then I had major surgery - a total knee replacement. For some reason from that time I was struggling to wear the mask at all - And when I did it was only for 30 " or up to a couple of hours. It was so broken into segments that it seemed silly and totally ineffective. The worst problem was that every time I laid down, my brains would turn into goo and run into my sinuses and out into my nose :roll_eyes:. For three months I struggled with all of this - many nights only sleeping 20 - 30 minutes then waking up - I’m guessing because my hypopnea kicked in each time.

My brilliant husband said that maybe I should take the tablet out of the bedroom. See, during the first 2 - 3 weeks after the surgery, the majority of my time was spent in the bedroom. I couldn’t really sit in my office chair, and the couch was kind of low, so not much time there either. We have never had a TV in the bedroom, so when day after day I was laid up with nothing to do, I got the tablet and started watching YouTube videos. It was awesome because I finally had some entertainment. The problem was that I developed a habit of going to bed an hour early, watching YouTube and finally trying my mask. I was stunned when he suggested that it might be the problem. So, I immediately took the tablet out and put it back in my office. I slept about 10 hours straight the first night alone - all at one time with no breaks, even for the restroom… Wow! It has been so different every single night. Take a look and you will see what I mean…Thanks for listening!

What a dramatic improvement!
Thanks for sharing!
PS BoneSmart.org is an interesting forum for recovery after joint surgery

Thanks Louise - I will check it out…