Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) as well as Sleep Apnea?

Many people here suffer from sleep apnea. I would like to hear from those who also suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA).

What do you take for your Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)?
Does RA impact your sleep?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Yes at times I do suffer from nighttime disturbances from RA pain. I try to let my body settle down before actually going to sleep.

1 Like

Thanks @afronative. Is there a way you can describe the pain from RA? Pain is pain, but I’ve heard RA is different. I’m glad you found that settling down before sleep onset works for you!

It depends sometimes it’s the weight of the covers that causes pain due to pressure. Other times it’s about my activity. When I get out I forget I have issues and try to keep up with the pace of others and forget that later in the night I will pay in spades from the over activity. My joints feel tender like I have been beat up sometimes feverish and swell. I also experience deep fatigue, I understand some people lose their appetite. I have never had that problem. I eat like a horse but that’s a different story…lol

1 Like

This is a lot of dealing with pain. You have a good attitude, like you don’t seem to feel sorry for yourself… Like you accept that you often face ‘giddy upping’ through the pain. HATS OFF TO YOU, and thanks so much for educating us :slight_smile: :star_struck:

1 Like

It’s not always roses and wine. At times it’s very difficult but it is what it is and sheltering in place for a year and a half gave me some perspective about remaining on the sidelines.

1 Like