Dealing with Further Depression and Anxiety Due to COVID

This year has been harder for people who were already dealing with health issues even before the lockdowns happened. This virus caused further depression and anxiety which are hard to pull oneself out of. Did you guys had issues with depression and anxiety? How did you cope?

1 Like

I’m suffering from fear and anxiety as well. EX: What happens if we lose power or my cpap doesn’t function.
I am so in search of a local sleep apnea support group that is local here in NJ. Can’t seem to find one. Suggestions?

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about what you’re dealing with. It’s really scary, but embracing the anxiety worsens our situation. There’s no group that I know of but I’ll have a look and see what I can find for you. Wishing you well!

Thank You so much Maria!

Hey Dan! Would you be close to Voorhees? I found South Jersey A.W.A.K.E. Support Group. You might want to check them out.

And also I want to share with you an article I read about anxiety and COVID-19 https://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/infosheet/covid-19-and-anxiety Have a look when you get the chance. Keep safe!

No worries Dan. I hope you feel better! Happy holidays.

Thanks for sharing. I like the part where it says help others if you can. There are generous people, but there are also those who are too focused on themselves.

1 Like

Let’s thank Him for the good people. Humanity is not defined by those who have lost their faith in goodness. Let’s all gave a meaningful new year!

Hopefully, 2021 is a better year, better humans. We need to be, as I think this pandemic is meant to tell us something.

1 Like

Humanity is all shades, and I don’t think we can ever do something about it. What we can do is improve ourselves and add positivity to the people around us.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s hard to be positive but it’s the only way around it as there’s no room for worries. They blur our minds toward decision making. Speaking of which, what are your thoughts about the vaccine?

1 Like

So far 2021 has been a blast. I started 2019 with a ruptured brain aneurysm and subarachnoid hemorrhage stroke then I went right into Covid. The day I had my last surgery for my aneurysm was the same day the hospital I was at admitted the first active COVID case in the state. As with everybody else, my year didn’t improve. I started getting more side effects from the stroke and a neurological breathing problem. I won’t even go into why I still don’t have an answer but I’m waiting for a chance to cast my vote for Miss Customer Service Rep of the year.

The icing on the cake was with all this running around, my primary care physician decides I am depressed. There’s a lot of words I can think of and depressed isn’t one of them. I have terrible reactions to medications. I am super sensitive and I had a bad reaction when another doctor thought he would treat me for depression. It wasn’t pretty and he learned to listen to me when I told him something. Why do doctors think you don’t know your body? I have a headache every day from the aneurysm. The neurologist said it may go away and it may never go away. About the 4th day that I took that anti-depressant, I thought that headache was going to pound through my forehead and knock my eyeballs out of my head. Two days in bed without anti-depressant and I could at least move without pain. If I am depressed, I prefer to just stay depressed. The cure will kill me.

I got one of those exercise balls. They are supposed to help with my balance. I also have a pitbull and as soon as I bring it out he wants to play. I’m not real coordinated and have no sense of balance so I’m not sure me chasing the dog around trying to get the balance ball away from him would be on the list of rehab exercises.

So when I think things are getting out of hand and I just got can’t take it anymore, I remember the last two years and remind myself against all the odds I survived. God must have a job for me but right now I’m pretty sure it doesn’t involve the exercise ball.

Wow. I am glad that you’re okay. Against all odds, you are here, and that we should be grateful for. With the things you’ve been through, there’s really so much that can bring you down. I mean look at most people complaining about the lockdown and masks. I wish you well!

1 Like