CPAP wakes me up

I have been trying to use my CPAP machine and am having a weird experience. I go to bed really tired and after putting it on, I’m wide awake for hours. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Your body has to get used to it. It took me over a month before I could fall asleep and stay asleep for more than a few hours. I’m up to 5-6 and that seems that’s all my body needs. The first few weeks I was like you, tired until I put on that contraption and boom, wide awake for 1-2 hours before I’d loose track. I found that audio books helped me immensely. It was something to occupy my mind, and not think about breathing or when will I fall asleep. I’m still up for about an 30 minutes to a hour before I fall asleep, but I look forward to it and now my mind/body is conditioned to it now. I’m sure boring books or one’s you’ve read before would help too, if you find your still up and engaged in the story after a while. Good luck.

Hi Angel444 - Welcome to the forum! I have some of that going on too, but what works the best for me is to start out watching a video or reading a book, then as I relax, I put on the mask. Generally I will find myself falling asleep within a half an hour or so. Good luck finding the answer for you…