CPAP Expiration

Does anyone know how long a CPAP is good for? In other words, must you replace it every so many years? I am really having trouble with compliance for my job. I have been using it over 4 hours a night but I am still missing the mark of 70%. The employee health doctor thought there might be a leak in the equipment causing the issues.

Many insurance companies will cover cpap replacement every 5 yrs. How old is your machine?

5 years is the magic number

Replacement machines are more likely to be granted after your old one is 5 years old. Other reasons can be if you have medical necessity change to require you need a different machine for successful treatment.

How about if you received your CPAP when you were covered by Blue Cross and now you will be covered by Medicare ( and it’s < 5 yrs. since you started CPAP). Is there crossover so that Medicare would not reimburse for a new unit if < 5yrs?

Myself, I’m not sure yet how Medicare handles it but I will soon enough. I’ll be transitioning onto Medicare when the door opens. I have a pending approval for disability with Medicare.