Atrial Fibrillation me have it

strong textI have A/F, so far it has not affected my sleep,but at first I was scared to sleep because of A/F. I wondered if I would croak under my mask,(Afraid I may die).but I have survived both the under engineered mask and the A/F…

Afib definitely affects your sleep. I just got the Cardioversion shock and feel like a new man. Sleeping much better.

What is the cardioversion shock?

Electrical cardioversion is a procedure in which an electric current is used to reset your heart to get all parts working together. It is done as an outpatient procedure but uses light anesthesia.

What kind of mask do you use? Have you have to change masks since you discovered you had afib?

I had serious afib in 2010 and eventually had an ablation procedure and I have felt good ever since. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2011 and have been using a cpap machine every night. I have become dependent on the machine but I still have difficulty getting a full night’s sleep. I’ve cut out caffeine for years now and I am constantly exploring new ways to relax and sleep well without using drugs or OTC stuff. The process of dealing with both afib and sa has been on-going and interesting. My cardiologists never connected the two as being causal or related.

Thanks for sharing your journey, Rus~